[opensuse] update or installation from scratch ... this is the question
  • From: Maura Monville <mauede@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:21:41 +0000 (GMT)

I have just downloaded SuSE 11.1 64-bitand saved to a DVD.
I am still running SUSE 10.3.
My first question is: do you think I can attempt an upgrade to 11.1 or do you
advice a new installation ?

My second question, in the case of a neqw installation, is about the number of
partitions.
If I am not mistaken SuSE creates three partitions by default:
/root and /user and /swap
I am not sure /root and /user are actually non-overlapping distinct partitions
of if /user is contained in /root.
In the former case I would prefr to keep /user separeted from /root and would
appreciate your suggestion about enforcing
such a configuration.

My thrird question is about SuSE installer ... Shall I expect any installation
questions that implies some a-prori knowledge of the system ?

Thank you very much in advance.
Maura