Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:10:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2009-06-08 at 13:49 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

So: the server is running linux, my WS is running linux.. but HOW do I get my client to send a fax the same way my windows colleagues do? of course I can bash out and use sendfax, but I'll never be able to explain to co-workers why they have to do that now.

There is a java client that runs both in windows or linux machines that you can use. I think it is called "YajHFC" (http://yajhfc.berlios.de/).

You can also configure postfix to act as fax-gate. You email a file (pdf, ps, I think), and it faxes the file to the destination automatically. For road warriors, they would simply email that to their central office, and the hylafax server would take it from there. Of course, the phone call might then be long distance and expensive, but that's different. Another posibility is to hire that gate service.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.