Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:41:23 -0400
Per Jessen said the following on 06/08/2009 10:00 AM:

2. Dealing with the complexities of PDF forms that need to be filled
in, signed and faxed.

signed?

Squigles, like you make with a pen on cheques and credit card forms.
And birthday cards.

I've got one scanned as a GIF and I can paste it onto my OpenOffice
documents :-)

I'd love to do the same with those PDF forms that say they can't be
saved once filled in.

On the whole I'm getting to hate paper. Its heavy, has a low
information density and is hard to grep. :-)

I wonder how many other people are in this situation?
I wonder if there is a 'small footprint' solution for laptops and
occasional use?

Is hylafax too much "footprint" for you? I mean, set it up once and use
it as often or not as you like.

What you're saying is that I need one of those nifty new laptops with 4G
of memory an 320G of disk. Oh, drool! And here was I being told that
Linux runs well on old equipment that can't handle Vista. I'll ask
my boss but in this economy ..... I'll probably be told to keep
shovelling the coal into the furnace for the old laptop - or maybe
convert it to run on wood.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentbrew/3583496347/