Re: [opensuse] Can not get PRIVOXY to run [Solved]
  • From: Gustav Degreef <gustav97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 19:56:00 +0530
On 6/7/09, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Gustav Degreef <gustav97@xxxxxxxxx> [06-07-09 00:23]:

> But now my browser can't get any web pages. But I imaging that is a
> configuration problem with either my browser or with the privoxy
> itself. Now I can start it and stop it at will and debug this problem
> and eventually configure privoxy to my needs. I'll follow up with the
> results. Thanks a lot you two for getting me going!! Gustav

Probably a problem with the instructions. You did not see that you
need to set your browser to use a proxy and set it to:
localhost:8118

Patrick Shanahan

Thanks, that was the problem, I had only a vague recollection that I
had to do some configuring in the browser, but I'm saved from having
to search. Much appreciate everyone's help with this. Gustav