Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:16:47 +0200
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

Hello,

Our company is deploying some hylafax servers. Very nice nifty things.
On the windows clients, it's rather simple, we installed hylafax
client, a new printer is there, properly configured and sending faxes
is possible in 2 minutes.

So: the server is running linux, my WS is running linux.. but HOW do I
get my client to send a fax the same way my windows colleagues do? of
course I can bash out and use sendfax, but I'll never be able to
explain to co-workers why they have to do that now.

I only send faxes from openoffice, and I've got a special fax printer
set up for that. To have a fax printer available everywhere, I think
you need to set it up in cups, and I'm pretty certain I have come
across a hylafax "backend" for cups or some such.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.2°C)