[opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:49:20 +0200
Hello,

Our company is deploying some hylafax servers. Very nice nifty things.
On the windows clients, it's rather simple, we installed hylafax client, a new
printer is there, properly configured and sending faxes is possible in
2 minutes.

So: the server is running linux, my WS is running linux.. but HOW do I get my
client to send a fax the same way my windows colleagues do? of course I
can bash out and use sendfax, but I'll never be able to explain to co-workers
why they have to do that now.

I found an old SDB [1] to set 'something' up, but first off I'm using gnome,
not KDE, 2nd even though I started kprint and tried adding a printer,
Hylafax is not an option.

Any good tutorials out there on how to get hylafax 'printing' to work?

Thanks for your inputs,
Dominique

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Setting_up_a_Fax_Printer_with_Hylafax