Re: [opensuse] package installation tool
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 00:17:38 +0200
On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 11:36:28PM +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Hi,

I'm probably not on top of things so I might miss something and ask here.
For a small project I need a simple (supported) graphical installation
tool for single packages (or a small list of packages at once).
Just like zypper but graphical. And it has to work on every desktop
(KDE/Gnome/Xfce/whatever). It also has to work when called from non-root
(by asking for the root password).

Is there something like that in openSUSE?

Some gnome package kit thing pheraps.

gpk-install-package-name perhaps (from gnome-packagekit)./

Ciao, Marcus