Re: [opensuse] Relative number of users of OpenSuse 11.0 vs OpenSuse 11.1?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:11:34 +0200
On Sunday 07 June 2009 22:07:58 Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Sunday, 2009-06-07 at 21:52 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
] "This page contains a variety of statistics about
] openSUSE's usage. They are purely generated from the apache logs of
] download.opensuse.org, user contributed data you can find at
smolts.org"

What has to do the apache logs of download.opensuse.org with data at
smolts.org, how are they correlating those two sources, how is smolt
data shown in the opensuse stats page?

It's not. The sentence you quote says "on this page you will only find
what is in our apache logs - if you want more, go to smolts.org where you
will find user contributed data"

Same sentence, slightly rephrased

Ah! That's it what it should read, but it doesn't. My Firefox displays
this, instead:

I'm not saying I read a different text on the page. I just reworded the
sentence, in the hopes that it would be easier for you to understand.

contributed data you can find at smolts.org

(see the attached photo if you don't believe it)

However, if I copy-paste the text into this email, I get this, instead:

"This page contains a variety of statistics about openSUSE's usage. They
are purely generated from the apache logs of download.opensuse.org, user
contributed data you can find at smolts.org"

I see absolutely no difference between these two

Anders