Re: [opensuse] Re: Relative number of users of OpenSuse 11.0 vs OpenSuse 11.1?
  • From: Adam Tauno WIlliams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 09:37:08 -0400
On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 10:45 +0100, Peter Nikolic wrote:
On Saturday 06 Jun 2009 05:32:40 Dan Kegel wrote:
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Dan Kegel<dank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to decide whether depending on LSB 3.2 is going to
cut out a lot of users. How far along are folks on moving to
OpenSuse 11.1? Or are a large fraction of users still on older
versions of OpenSuse? Are these statistics available anywhere?
I just looked at the user agent strings in my web server's logs
(only counting each IP address once).
Of those containing SUSE, about one third were using Firefox 1x or 2.x
or an unknown browser.
Another third were using Firefox 3.x, but not 3.0.10 or 3.5beta.
The final third were using Firefox 3.0.10 or 3.5beta.
Could it really be that only a third of all Suse users have an up to
date firefox?
- Dan
Well i am messing with 11.2 right now and if the games i am having getting
firefox 3.0.8 to accept plugins is any guide then as soon as i have found a
way to rescue my software and data form the drive that has died i will be
back
on 10.3 and Seamonkey .

I'm using 11.1 on both my workstation and my laptop and everything,
including multimedia, works perfectly. No fuss.