Re: [opensuse] Re: Relative number of users of OpenSuse 11.0 vs OpenSuse 11.1?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 09:17:34 +0200
Dan Kegel wrote:

Rajko wrote:
http://en.opensuse.org/Statistics

Great, thanks!

Those numbers are a bit hard to read (how do you get
a count for the current week of 10.3 users?),
but they are perfect for comparing 11.0 and 11.1.
26 weeks in to 11.1, the ratio of 11.1 to 11.0 users is
242000 to 112000, or roughly 2:1.

The number of 11.0 IP addresses appears to be decreasing
by about 3000 per week, so three months later,
the ratio will probably be about 4:1.

This makes me happy - I can probably depend on
LSB 3.2 for a product launching in Q3 or Q4 without losing
too many opensuse users.
- Dan

Depending on your product, it might be worth pointing out that those
stats are desktop-only or at least desktop-mostly. People tend to be
much more conservative when it comes to maintaining production servers.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.2°C)