[opensuse] Re: Relative number of users of OpenSuse 11.0 vs OpenSuse 11.1?
  • From: "J. L. Turriff" <jlt1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 21:48:27 -0500
On Friday 05 June 2009 23:32:40 Dan Kegel wrote:
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Dan Kegel<dank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to decide whether depending on LSB 3.2 is going to
cut out a lot of users.  How far along are folks on moving to
OpenSuse 11.1?  Or are a large fraction of users still on older
versions of OpenSuse?  Are these statistics available anywhere?

I just looked at the user agent strings in my web server's logs
(only counting each IP address once).
Of those containing SUSE, about one third were using Firefox 1x or 2.x
or an unknown browser.
Another third were using Firefox 3.x, but not 3.0.10 or 3.5beta.
The final third were using Firefox 3.0.10 or 3.5beta.

Could it really be that only a third of all Suse users have an up to
date firefox?
- Dan

Wouldn't surprise me. Because of its monstrous footprint and sluggishness I
only use it when a website won't work with Konqueror.

Leslie