Re: [opensuse] Re: Relative number of users of OpenSuse 11.0 vs OpenSuse 11.1?
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 09:16:47 -0400
Peter Nikolic pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Saturday 06 Jun 2009 05:32:40 Dan Kegel wrote:
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Dan Kegel<dank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to decide whether depending on LSB 3.2 is going to
cut out a lot of users. How far along are folks on moving to
OpenSuse 11.1? Or are a large fraction of users still on older
versions of OpenSuse? Are these statistics available anywhere?
I just looked at the user agent strings in my web server's logs
(only counting each IP address once).
Of those containing SUSE, about one third were using Firefox 1x or 2.x
or an unknown browser.
Another third were using Firefox 3.x, but not 3.0.10 or 3.5beta.
The final third were using Firefox 3.0.10 or 3.5beta.

Could it really be that only a third of all Suse users have an up to
date firefox?
- Dan

Well i am messing with 11.2 right now and if the games i am having getting
firefox 3.0.8 to accept plugins is any guide then as soon as i have found a
way to rescue my software and data form the drive that has died i will be
back
on 10.3 and Seamonkey.

What's wrong with 11.1 and KDE3? And, you have to expect glitches with
alpha releases. Did you file any bug reports for the problems you
encountered? Without bug reports devs won't know of specific problems.

I can handle a bit of messing about to get things working but it seems suse
is
making it ever harder to get a decent working system with working browser
plugins and working multimedia but no things have to stick to some archaic
law
saying no to anything not 10,000000% squeaky and it gets silly

Pete not so far impressed and definately not going back on the cowboy
factory list

YMMV mine will not

11.2 is a passing fad it will fade out to 10.3

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998