Re: [opensuse] Latest KDE4 update - new cool stuff!
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:40:17 -0400
I miss that in Konqueror4, and and Dolphin do much of that either. I
don't necessarily disagree with separating web browsing from file
browsing (I use firefox, after all), but I really like being able browse
directly into an html file.

The features that you mention are most certainly in Konqueror in KDE
4. Maybe you are confusing Konqueror with Dolphin?

Probably I misremembered when I had found those deficiencies. I only
realized three or four weeks ago that I hadn't been updating my system
regularly -- only the security updates were applied regularly. When I
finally remembered to do yast>"online update"> packages> "all packages">
"update if newer version available" there were nearly a thousand
packages to update, most of them kde4 packages. Now it's down to a
hundred or so a week.

I'll have to do some more thorough expolring now that I'm updating
everything weekly again. Maybe it's time for kde4 and me to become
familiar :-)

jp