Re: [opensuse] Why is Michal Hrušecký Article on openSuSE Announce - Admitting MySQL Upgrade will Break Config?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:41:12 +0200
On Friday 05 June 2009 09:09:51 David C. Rankin wrote:
Who in openSuSE signed off on this change? Christian, was that you? maybe
Anders...

First of all, no one "signs off" on packages in the build service. The
maintainer of the repository can do more or less what he wants with the
packages there, it is by definition experimental, and as others have pointed
out, you install them on an important production machine at your peril. These
repositories are there to provide early access to new package versions,
experimental builds with non-standard compile options, packages not otherwise
included in the distribution, and other such things. It is meant to be
community driven, so you should consider yourself part of the process - talk
to the maintainer of the repo in case of problems, or perhaps even become a
maintainer of your own repo.

Secondly, even if there were a signing-off process, I couldn't sign off on
anything anyway. You're mistaking me for someone with influence

Anders