Re: [opensuse] Latest KDE4 update - new cool stuff!
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 21:50:03 -0400
Dotan Cohen wrote:

Okular and Dolphin are far better than KPDF and Konqueror in KDE3 for
_most_users. I never thought that I'd be saying that!

I'm using Okular under kde3.5, and I _love_ it! Before Okular I had to
use Adobe Reader for many things, but this year Okular even let me fill
out my tax forms. Very, very nice.

I'll have to log back into my kde4 account and try Dolphin, I guess.
Both Konqueror and dolphin were still crippled a couple of weeks ago
when I tried, and I really like Konqueror's ability to delve into a
file, and look at html files without having to raise firefox or
something else; or read a text file without waiting for an editor to
come up, or ...

I miss that in Konqueror4, and and Dolphin do much of that either. I
don't necessarily disagree with separating web browsing from file
browsing (I use firefox, after all), but I really like being able browse
directly into an html file.

John Perry