Re: [opensuse] Autostarting console app on opensuse/sles
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:07:55 +0200
On Thursday 04 June 2009 16:02:55 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-04-09 08:50]:
What's the best way to autostart something on opensuse/sles? I know
about /etc/init.d/boot.local, but that happens too early.

there is also possible, /etc/init.d/boot.after, but you must create
the file.

I think you mean /etc/init.d/after.local, which (if present) gets run after
all runlevel scripts have been run

There is also /etc/init.d/before.local, which gets run before the runlevel
scripts (but after the boot.* scripts)

And there is the method Per mentioned, which I think is generally preferred

Anders