Re: [opensuse] how to block IP's with /etc/hosts.deny? (not working)
  • From: "Leen de Braal" <ldb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:52:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with one IP, that is bugging one of my servers
for almost a week now with virusses. I have been putting this IP in
/etc/hosts.deny, but it is not blocked when connecting to postfix.

Why is this? Is it not possible to block traffic to port 25 this way?

To answer my own question (or better how I solved the problem):

I found out I can block it by putting the IP in /etc/postfix/access, this
works.

--
L. de Braal
BraHa Systems