Re: [opensuse] 1-click install of kde4 factory on 11.0 breaks Yast (qt45 issue)
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 16:00:55 -0400
Boris Epstein pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE
<suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Boris Epstein pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:49 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Listmates,

Resigning to give more time to kde4, I installed kde4.3beta via
1-click. At
the time I had the kde4 factory repos for 11.0 enabled. Following the
install,
Yast crashes with the familiar error:

That's obviously not what I want to do since I want to test
4.3beta. The
problem however is now yast software management is broken for my kde3
install.

For what it's worth, I installed KDE 4.2 last Friday and that seemed
to be just fine.

Boris.
4.2 <> 4.3

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

Ken,

I couldn't possibly disagree:)))

Do you think 4.3 is production-ready, though? I have a feeling it
still needs a bit of polishing up before I'd be willing to call it
reliable.

Boris.

That's not the point, David was talking about testing 4.3 beta.