Re: [opensuse] Intel 945 Chipset, powered by NVIDIA: Should I install NVIDIA driver?
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 02:59:41 -0400
Hawit wrote:
I have Sony Vaio VGN-SZ38 GP and on Windows platform, I can check that my
chipset is Intel 945, and powered by NVIDIA. So is that mean I should
install NVIDIA driver to get best performance for my GUI?

I tried to install NVIDIA via one click install, but didnt work, the
screen went blank.

An Intel is _not_ and nvidia. You need the intel drivers, which are in
the opensuse package.

That should have installed automatically without your intervention. Try
setting up your video again with yast -- it'll work without problems.

John Perry