Re: [opensuse] 10.2 no RAID to 11.0 RAID 1
  • From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 01:25:32 +0200
On 2008-09-22T16:05:28, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So yes mdadm is crap and should never be used. If you need to do mdadm
/dev/md0 --fail /dev/sdb3 and it say sdb3 do not exist there is a
serious issues of the developers piping their toilets into their code.

I can see how an attitude like that, including intentionally screwing
up the openSUSE wiki, might make developers less inclined to work with
you.

But in fact, Neil is very responsive.

Is there a bugzilla associated with this apparent defect?

Have you tried the linux-raid mailing list too, possibly in a more
constructive tone?

mdadm has always worked fine for me. I had some hw issues with my arrays
in the last 1,5 decade, but md raid always recovered fine.

Regards,
Lars