Re: [opensuse] How can I set the printer (or document) default paper size in OpenOffice.org?
  • From: Neil <hok.krat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:22:44 +0200

Hi,

I'm using "/usr/lib/ooo-2.0/program/spadmin", as root, from
OpenOffice_org-2.4.1.6-1.1...rpm in 11.0.

I select a printer, go to properties, paper: it shows "letter". I change to
"A4", Ok. I repeat, and it still shows "letter", the change did not hold.
The same printer in cups shows "A4" as the size.

This is a nuisance. :-/

Every time I create a document in OOo, I have to set the paper size in two
sites: first in format/page, then again when going to print in the printer
properties. If I change the printer, again. And when I exit the printer
dialog, it asks to save the page size into the document.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Hi

This can be fixed in the default template, as here:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=802, although this man
would like to use Letter instead of A4.

Neil

--
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who cannot count