Re: [opensuse] 10.2 no RAID to 11.0 RAID 1
  • From: "Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:56:06 -0400
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But he did not wait enough for answers or did not apply them, and
reinstalled, blaming mdadm.

I applied everything I could get my hands on. You dont think I tried
every single posting? Nothing works. I spent two full weekends
(saturday and sunday) and I certainly had more insight into it when
the second system, after correctly halting, would not turn back on
again! How do you explain that? Shutdown, wait for it to turn off,
swap a PCI card in the system, turn it back on and the RAID does not
work? If the system was correctly shut down I would suspect the drives
or the controller. The controller in that system is fine, only the
drives were new. The manufacturer long test shows no errors. The only
other new factor is the PCI card, which was replacing an identical
(defective) card and the md RAID. PCI Win Modem cards dont cause md
RAID to think it is corrupted.