Re: [opensuse] Quick Question about iptables and SuSEFirewall2
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <theo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:08:30 +0200
Sun, 21 Sep 2008, by terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx:

Is there a way that I can drop and ip rules with out doing iptables
-F? I am not sure what change from 10 to 11, but when I make changes,
and restart SuSEFirewall it take forever. What I am looking for a
quick way to make changes to my rules with out restarting the
firewall.

Use 'iptables -L --line-numbers' to show the chains with
rulenumbers and then delete a rule with
'iptable -D <chain> rulenum'
You can also insert or replace rules in chains of course.
The manual (that you already read of course..) tells the whole tale.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E. + ICQ: 277217131