Re: [opensuse] How can I set the printer (or document) default paper size in OpenOffice.org?
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:49:52 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

I'm using "/usr/lib/ooo-2.0/program/spadmin", as root, from
OpenOffice_org-2.4.1.6-1.1...rpm in 11.0.

I select a printer, go to properties, paper: it shows "letter". I
change to "A4", Ok. I repeat, and it still shows "letter", the change
did not hold. The same printer in cups shows "A4" as the size.

This is a nuisance. :-/

Every time I create a document in OOo, I have to set the paper size in
two sites: first in format/page, then again when going to print in the
printer properties. If I change the printer, again. And when I exit
the printer dialog, it asks to save the page size into the document.
My OpenOffice show A4 always ...
Have you tried to place your locale at RC_LC_PAPER on the sysconfig
editor. I've placed pt_PT.UTF-8 and it always show A4.

of course OpenOffice should remember your last/default change but, this
is a nice workaround in most cases.

-- Cheers,
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.