Re: [opensuse] KNetworkManager and connecting to wireless network
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:41:08 -0500
On Saturday 20 September 2008 07:17:13 am skx wrote:
I have troubles connecting to my own router over wifi, every successful
connection requires several retries, sometimes for 15 minutes, which is
annoying. This problem does not occur on Windows (installed on the same
machine, in the same environment) and it also comes and goes on SUSE with
no apparent reason.

I have tried turning essid broadcast on and off, changing the key, channel
and everything else I could think of, but the problem seems to be caused
by openSUSE.

What's the matter and what can I do about it?

We don't know:
- openSUSE version
- 32 or 64 bit
- is system updated
- what wireless chip is in computer
- wireless driver is native Linux or via ndiswrapper

--
Regards, Rajko