Re: [opensuse] Firefox and pdfs in openSUSE 11.0
  • From: Don Raboud <don.raboud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:00:58 -0600
On Wednesday 17 September 2008 12:27:52 pm Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Hi,

Don Raboud schrieb:
For some reason, firefox (version 3.0.1) will not open pdf files, either
embedded or with an external application. The behaviour is that if I
click a link to a pdf file, I am presented with a dialog box that states

"You have chosen to open <filename> which is a: PDF document"

and then the options are to cancel or save the file. No chance to just
open the file. This is a real annoyance. The pdf files themselves are
OK, it all works in opera. (It doesn't work right now in konqueror, but I
believe that is a different issue).

What is the exact version of your installed MozillaFirefox and
mozilla-xulrunner190 packages?
Do you have mozilla-xulrunner190-gnomevfs installed?

MozillaFirefox-3.0.1-0.1
mozilla-xulrunner190-1.9.0.1-0.1
mozilla-xulrunner190-gnomevfs-1.9.0.1-0.1

Could you please provide a public example where Firefox is only offering
to save the file so that I can check that out?

I hate it when this happens! I've looked around to a few more public sites,
and these all seem to work as they should.

My apologies to the group - I guess I was too focused on the site I've been
trying to get working here

<http://www.mece.ualberta.ca//Courses/mec403/2008/index.html>.

which is I suppose public enough if not rather boring. There are a number of
pdf links there which don't open in Firefox (but work in opera).

I guess that gives me another avenue to investigate.

Sorry again for the false alarm.

--
Don