Re: [opensuse] strange samba rsync problem gets worse
  • From: Damon Register <damonregister@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 20:56:21 -0400
Brian K. White wrote:
I'm running a standalone rsyncd. It only runs once.
Running rsync via rsh or ssh is different. (or inetd/xinetd)
That might explain the differences I encounter

It looks like my previous example had a part that had no effect. According to
> the man-page, the remote charset part of the --iconv=local,remote has no
effect
Now I am beginning to see that but it wasn't so obvious with
the rather indirect man page explanation.

When NOT using the daemon, going to the same machine, which now has no charset
in it's config any more btw:
Notice the single ":" this time and different paths...
I see. Maybe just for fun I might experiment with that later

Mucking around with this is dangerous too... I almost deleted my entire
I learned that too. That is why I made a second manual backup
somewhere else in case I trashed the rsync backup while experimenting.
Thanks again for your help.

Damon Register