Re: [opensuse] Dual monitors on boot
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:
Chris Arnold wrote:
Using 11.0 x86 64 with kde 4.1 and dual hp w2007h monitors. I want to be
able to have both monitors show something on boot. As it is now, only the 1
monitor shows the opensuse boot screen. Is there anyway to have both
monitors show this screen on boot (or perhaps a different screen on boot)?
These monitors are not in "clone" mode they are in "extended" mode. Is there
anyway to do this?

I think that's a problem with the graphics adapter. I have 3 machines
with dual monitors. Some of them show the boot on both monitors, some
not. Until you have X started, which is about the last thing that
happens, the xorg.conf doesn't apply. It is writing, probably in some
vga mode, to the adapter.

What graphics adapter are you using?

nVidia 8600

Same chipset on my Vista machine at work, and same single monitor
during boot, and while waiting for my password after being awakened from
screen saver.

So, in yast->graphics card and monitor, under the "card" heading there is an
"options" button and whn i push that button, i get a list of what looks like
nvidia card options. Is this where we can make both monitors show a screen at
boot time?