Re: [opensuse] Connecting to wireless network with knetworkmanger
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:21:22 -0400
Hm. Reading through your dialog with the suse people, I see yours is
not the same problem I'm having. Mine was discussed much earlier, and
had to do with the kde people deciding that users didn't want to see a
lot of extraneous AP's, so selected only a few to display.

John,

Have you looked at iwlist from the command line? While I haven't
experienced not being able see wireless AP, I have found iwlist to be
very thorough in its listing and much more useful for signal strength
determination.

I was sure I'd tried iwlist without success. But I just tried it, and
got 8 "cells" within range.

Thanks for making me feel silly, but helping me, James. Now I won't
have to go to xp the next time I have to travel :-).

I'd still like to see KNetworkManager fixed, though.

jp