Re: [opensuse] Opensuse vs Suse enterprise support
  • From: Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 00:42:40 +0900

Hi, Fabio

You should reply to the mailing list instead of sending direct to me.

Fabio Serra wrote:
Satoru Matsumoto wrote:
Fabio Serra wote:

So, I'm evaluating to buy a Suse Enterprise license.
Unfortunately, I don't understand for how many years the support is
guaranted.

See:
http://support.novell.com/lifecycle/lcSearchResults.jsp?sl=suse

Thank you very much for the link, but for me continue to be unclear :-(
If I buy a SLES 10 Basic license
http://www.novell.com/products/server/howtobuy.html
means that I will have patches and update until 31 Jul 2011?
Or I have to buy the Three year full subscription?
Regards

If you buy 1 year full subscription, you can get updates and bugfixes
with YOU(YaST Online Update) for 1 year, 3 year full subscription for 3
years.

You can use SLE with no subscription. But in that case, you can't get
any support, have to download packages for updates & bugfixes and
install them manually by yourself.

For further questions, you should ask Novell in your region and may get
the detailed answers. ;-)

- --
_/_/_/ To be Happy! _/_/_/
_/_/ Satoru Matsumoto _/_/