Re: [opensuse] in thunderbird, all my saved list mails not showing, but still in file
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:33:21 -0400
* David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-03-08 01:57]:

How do I tell tbird to reindex all the messages and give me the full
folder back?? It seems like a simple reindex should do, but no dice.
Anybody have any experience/suggestions on this one?

note: I do not use tbird or kmail, but mutt (mbox).

First copy your mail directory to another location for _backup. Then
rm the index files. Then start tbird and try to access your local
mail. tbird should automagically rebuild your indexes. This is how
kmail worx, iianm.