Re: HP & Linux support (was [opensuse] Printer Recommendation?)
On Monday 01 September 2008 11:59:35 am Duaine & Laura Hechler wrote:
Jerry Feldman wrote:

<snip>

Having been employed by HP in the Linux area, I know that HP spends a
lot of bucks in the Linux area.

OH DO THEY NOW..........then why doesn't my HP dvd640 drive burn DL
DVD's -- and -- their firmware utility only supports Windows (NOT even
Mac) -- and -- when I called HP, they were insistent that their DVD
drives are ONLY supported under windows (NOT even Mac)

Especially, when the chief product designer of the DVD writers was the
one that email me back stating all of this !!!!

AND, that same designer, REFUSED, to answer my question on how, under
Linux products - they - sell, do they update the firmware under Linux.

NOW, I have to basically trash a - good - working - DVD drive - all for
the use of DL burning,

Hey, Duaine -

They may have slacked here. I had some good support for my laptop and desktop
HP devices here

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/home.do

You might ask a question there.

--