Re: HP & Linux support (was [opensuse] Printer Recommendation?)
  • From: Duaine & Laura Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:59:35 -0500
Jerry Feldman wrote:

<snip>
Having been employed by HP in the Linux area, I know that HP spends a lot of bucks in the Linux area.
OH DO THEY NOW..........then why doesn't my HP dvd640 drive burn DL DVD's -- and -- their firmware utility only supports Windows (NOT even Mac) -- and -- when I called HP, they were insistent that their DVD drives are ONLY supported under windows (NOT even Mac)

Especially, when the chief product designer of the DVD writers was the one that email me back stating all of this !!!!

AND, that same designer, REFUSED, to answer my question on how, under Linux products - they - sell, do they update the firmware under Linux.

NOW, I have to basically trash a - good - working - DVD drive - all for the use of DL burning,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ