Re: [opensuse] Connecting to wireless network with knetworkmanger
  • From: "Doctor Who" <whodoctor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:31:06 -0400
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Mark Misulich
<munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doctor Who wrote:

I'm using KDE 3.5 on openSUSE 11.0. I cannot see how to connect to
wireless networks any longer since the upgrade to knetworkmanager.

It used to be that clicking the knetworkmanager icon on the kicker
panel would show all of the available wireless networks under wlan1
(or whatever).

Now, no wireless networks show up there. Choosing Edit-Connections
shows no connections. I'm using an Intel PROwireless 3945ABG card.

'iwlist wlan1 scanning' shows a number of access points when run from
konsole.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,
install the following in Yast:

compat-wireless-scripts
the appropriate compat-wireless-kmp-? for your OS type
b43-compat-wireless-firmware if you are using a b43 driver

that should get it working better. There is a bug in for knetworkmanager
that is being worked on, and hopefully soon it will all be fixed.

Let me know via the list if it makes things work for your wireless.

Mark

Hmmm...I don't see these packages (compat-wireless-scripts,
compat-wireless-kmp-XXX). What repo is required as YaST -> Software
management doesn't show them?