Re: [opensuse] Fwd: mozilla flashplayer plugin broken
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 12:04:50 -0400
On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 6:57 AM, Sampsa Riikonen <sampsa.riikonen@xxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with the adobe flashplayer
plugin 9.0.124.0 for linux x86_64 ?
Mine is not working. :(

I've had to reload the page up to 5 times in order to get flash to
work. I use Flash block, and it I click it, then it gives a blank
area where the flash is supposed to be. If I click the area where the
flash is supposed to be, it crashed Firefox. If I reload it several
times, it will finally work. Been like that for a while now.

I totally agree.. multimedia in 11.0 / 64-bit is not FG.

I have the same problem on this P3/1Ghz Thinkpad as I do on my
CeleronDC overclocked system running 64bit. Only thing in common is
that they both have ATI chips(Thinkpad has Rage Mobility M3/128 w/ 8MB
and the Celeron has X300 PCIe 128MB). Using the opensource ATI
drivers on both. I've just finished building an X2 3800+(Not
currently overclocked) with an Nvidia FX5200, but haven't tried it
yet,

My friends Athlon XP 2200+ with Geforce2 MX 200 without flashblock and
it plays flash ads just fine and youtube just fine.