Re: [opensuse] Re: Packaging tutorial
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 02:26:58 +0200
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:32:29 +0100, G T Smith wrote:

Both the cpan script and the modules change quite frequently and to
generate static RPMs may not be the best way forward and does sail
rather close to reinventing the wheel.

What if non perl packages need perl modules? On an RPM system you need
to use rpm to record dependencies.

What might be more appropriate would be to create a YaST front end to
the CPAN local database and cpan script.

That might be so. Why don't you bring up the subject on opensuse-factory
or enter it into our bugzilla as an enhancement request? If you do the
latter, take me as pth@xxxxxxxxxx into CC as I'd be interested in the
outcome.

Just a thought (BTW a similar approach may be appropriate for PEAR)...

Again, request it in bugzilla and/or discuss this on opensuse-factory.

In addition to what has been suggested. What would also be handy is some
method of generating RPMs for some of the more useful eclipse plugins
(EPIC for Perl, the PHP support and QT for Java and C/C++ ).

Oh no, I won't touch that can of worms, specially as I have no interest
in eclipse.

Philipp