Re: Cisco VPN Client (WAS: Re: [opensuse] Re: Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse )
On Monday 09 June 2008 01:54:22 pm Sloan wrote:

Nicely integrated though it may be, I've never had any success with
kvpnc and a cisco vpn connection, and I've noticed similar reports from
others on this list, but no fix. So, I have been using the cisco vpn
client from the command line, and it works well.

Invariably, if I get the urge to use kvpnc to connect to the cisco vpn,
I attempt to initiate the vpn connection, then network manager dies,
disappears from the panel, and can't be restarted. Networking is hosed
from then on. end of story.

Now, that blows.

I just tried connecting using kvpnc again and had no luck.

Fortunately, Network Manager did not get FUBAR.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com