Re: [opensuse] results of hard disk configuration survey
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 08:39:52 +0200
David Bolt wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Per Jessen wrote:-

Larry Stotler wrote:

How about a survey about memory? There was just a big debate over
it in another thread, and I for one would be interested to see How
much
RAM and what type people use. Something that would allow you to
list
up to 5 different machines and the memory type. ie:

You could set up one yourself on surveymonkey.com.

If he does, I hope he doesn't limit it to only 5 machines. There are
probably people that have more than 5 different systems, with quite
difference specifications, and limiting it to 5 would mean picking and
choosing between them.

If it's a survey about memory, I think the machine spec should be left
out of it entirely. Otherwise you're right - I also have a number of
different memory configs, ranging from 24Mb EDO to 16Gb ECC.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich