Re: [opensuse] Compiling the Suse way
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:54:23 +0100

Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Friday 2008-06-06 at 12:57 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

Looking at the checkinstall site, it seems the program is normally run
as root anyway - as Philipp also implies - so I'm still confused as to
why it has stopped working and therefore been removed?

Actually, I just checked and it is included in factory
(checkinstall-1.6.1-72).

I'm very confused now. I'll have to boot factory and test if it works or
not.

You are probably not the only one that is confused. From what I can
workout from both threads involved there seems to be issue with
checkinstall and setuid settings which possibly is only a problem if
someone is doing something a little odd. Which does not sound like
grounds for dropping it.

I think what we need to know is whether it is going to be in 11.0 (and
if not are there any plans for a replacement) so we can stop chasing our
own tails.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup