Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse [Was: Compiling the Suse way]
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:28:28 -0400
Clayton wrote:
Removing checkinstall may have made sense given the reasons.... but it
does leave a huge gap between those on the inside who are familiar
with the RPM build process and those lurking on the fringes. If it is
removed, fine, but there really needs to be a replacement... either
CLEAR non-developer documentation explaining the exact steps with no
fluff or long winded explanations.. or a full app/script replacement.

C.
I agree. I have often used it to "roll my own" RPMs from source.
There should be a replacement.