Re: [opensuse] Eclipse 3.3 startup error.
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:00:23 +0100

Daniel Antonio Peraza Cedrez wrote:
I took a deeper look into the Eclipse's website and I realized I was
downloading the 32 bit version instead of the x64 version. I
downloaded x64 version and now works fine. But although I was able to
install and use the Trolltech's Qt Eclipse Integration plugin, once I
downloaded the JDT using the built in update manager it doens't seem
to be installed, though the plugin's files are properly located at
their directories.

I did have a look at the QT plugins and deferred installing them mainly
because they seem to operate as a link to the general QT tools and
installation was not exactly straight forward (at least for Java) and I
did not need them yet. IIRC The Trolltech site has instructions on
getting these going and you may be better off asking either the Eclipse
or Trolltech communities about this.

Installing and uninstalling Eclipse plugins can be like visiting the
dark ages of computing and is one the of the reasons I rather like the
approach of the Yoxos site (but they do not do 64 bit). Also I as you
have discovered the 64 bit version is very well hidden.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup