Re: [opensuse] Eclipse 3.3 startup error.
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:09:41 +0100

Ales Nosek wrote:
Daniel Antonio Peraza Cedrez napsal(a):
Hi there!. I have been trying to get Eclipse 3.3 CDT running under
openSUSE 10.2 AMD x64, but I get this error on startup:

Hi Antonio,

please, use the Eclipse packages from BS. You can download them from:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/anosek/openSUSE_Factory/

Eclipse packages are divided into noarch and archdep. You need to
install all
packages:

eclipse-jdt-3.3.2-88.2.noarch.rpm
eclipse-platform-3.3.2-88.2.noarch.rpm
eclipse-3.3.2-88.2.noarch.rpm
eclipse-pde-3.3.2-88.2.noarch.rpm
eclipse-source-3.3.2-88.2.noarch.rpm

libswt3-gtk2-3.3.2-89.1.i586.rpm
eclipse-archdep-platform-3.3.2-89.1.i586.rpm
eclipse-archdep-gtk2-3.3.2-89.1.i586.rpm

Links to projects:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=eclipse&project=home%3Aanosek

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=eclipse-archdep&project=home%3Aanosek

Regards,
Ales

Is this for 10.2 as OP indicated he was using? When I used webpin to
check whether Europa was available for 10.2 when I decided to upgrade
from 3.2 I got no info.

As a matter of curiosity is the 64 bit version more stable than the one
available from eclipse.org (I find it is a little flaky at times).

As aside has anyone tried out the 0.6 testing variant of the EPIC plugin
for Perl on a SuSE distributed version of Eclipse. It apparently solves
a lot of the quirks in 0.5.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup