Re: [opensuse] Getting SSH to Work
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:57:30 -0700
Rick Bilonick wrote:
If I deliberately type in the wrong password, it comes back instantly
saying "permission denied, please try again." When and only when I type
in the correct password, it just sits there. This suggests to me it is
actually connecting to the remote computer but something is preventing
communication after login.

That is a crucial piece of information. It almost sounds like a name resolution issue on the remote end.

The fact that it *is* connecting, but the other end is having problems answering, should be a clarion call to search through the syslog entries on the target server for clues as to why it can't process the connection from the SLED machine.

Joe