Re: [opensuse] Burning DVD's
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 13:38:16 -0400
Jerry Feldman wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:00:55 +0200
"Cornelius Franken" <Cornelius.Franken@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Linux People

Advice needed. Wife needs to make backup of data from her personal pc. I
copied data over the network to my machine.
Need to do the following:

1) Burn a DVD with all the information.
2) Optional be able use lightscribe and label the DVD with a nice photo
of me so she has sentimental reasons not to loose it.

K3B works well for me. I have no experience with Lightscribe, but other
recent posts have referenced it.

The Lightscribe tech. is HP's. The software for Linux, (2 apps....1 from HP and 1 from Lacie), ONLY burn the label image. You still need K3b to burn the CD/DVD.

Fred

--
Linux is an old Latin word meaning, "I don't have
to support your Windows anymore."