[opensuse] OpenOffice_org-writer-2.4.0.13-1.1 Borks Konqueror File Associations?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 09:12:54 -0500
Listmates,

Update to OpenOffice_org-writer-2.4.0.13-1.1 has made a mess of konqueror file associations for all associations under text-plain and application groups. It is more of a sincere annoyance than anything else. I don't recall this happening with any earlier version of OO.

Basically what happens is that OO-writer is added to the text-plain and application groups as the "first" application with priority at the "top" of the list for everything under those groups. That all text files, c, c++, python, all shell scripts, etc. A real PITA. Is there anyway we can get OO not to add itself to the konqueror file associations for the groups text-plain and application?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC