[opensuse] Re: solved (+ OT rant): cannot connect to WLAN
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:53:40 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:38:40 +0200, Daniel Bauer wrote:

And guess what: the supporter asked me to open Internet-Exploder,
connect via cable to the modem-router and tell him what was written on
the screen.... That was all! Just open a browser! I could have done that
with any operating system. But Telefonica insists that the Browser must
be opened with Windows! ¡increíble!

I guess M$ pays quite a sum to Telefonica for this unbelievable
"information"...
[/rant]

Sorry to fill your mailbox with that - I just had to get rid of the
feelings.

I had the same problem with Earthlink a few years ago. And ultimately it
was because the modem was dead and the lights on the front panel
indicated that. Oh, and that was after selecting the "I have an OS other
than Mac or Windows" option in their phone menu - didn't make a
difference, I ended up talking to someone who was only authorized to
support Windows (even though he knows Linux quite well, I found out).

Jim