Re: [opensuse] wireless doesn't work in suse 11 RC1
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:57:51 -0400
John Andersen wrote:

[snip]

I might be in the market for something like the Air if it had a runtime
longer than a cup of coffee and was a bit more durable.

Any other recommendations for:
super thin,
lightweight ultra portable
reasonable screen size
not too slow
can run Linux

John, the Dell Inspiron 1525 exceeds all of the above. ;) If you get one, DO order it with the Intel 3948 wifi card....NOT the Dell wifi and 2Ghz. processor. My only complaint is that I can't turn off the touch pad in any flavor of openSUSE. Yes.....some other distros. will. :(

Fred

--
Linux is an old Latin word meaning, "I don't have
to support your Windows anymore."