Re: [opensuse] Compiling the Suse way
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 21:10:24 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2008-06-03 at 23:48 +0700, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Generally, it is not a good idea to use another version.

Okay, good point. But if I compare the versions of 10.3 and factory those of
the factory are newer. Can or should I work with factory? Where stands the
term factory for?

Factory is the next version while it is being tested and developped. Currently it is the future 11.0. The problem is that any other version, including factory, is designed for a different set of libraries that those you have installed. It might not work, or it might, or it might develop strange symptoms.

You can try the packman repo, or wait a month till 11.0 is released and try that. Or try factory on a different partition, or try the live version without installing anything.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.