Re: [opensuse] Compiling the Suse way
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:48:53 +0700
On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Tuesday 2008-06-03 at 21:23 +0700, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Before I start compiling I would like to know if the gstreamer packages
for 11.0 are up to date and if I could use them in 10.3.

Search here:

http://packages.opensuse-community.org/

Generally, it is not a good idea to use another version.

Okay, good point. But if I compare the versions of 10.3 and factory those of
the factory are newer. Can or should I work with factory? Where stands the
term factory for?

If not, I can remember that in order to keep suse specific changes in a
compilation there was a way to get the compilation done. Or was that only
for compiling kernels?

Huh? I'm not sure I follow you.

You were right dumb rambling. No coffee in stock. Drinking tea ;(
I have looked already at Packman and are working with them. The are not
working in my case.