Re: [opensuse] would you recommend a BIOS update?
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 01:17:06 -0700
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Evens Garde <evans.garde@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Daniel Bauer wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday my new HP Pavilion HP Pavilion dv9760ez Notebook did not want to
boot at all after a kind of freeze that happened when I disabled the
touchpad. The keyboard and the mouse were blocked. After pressing the on/off
switch openSuse 10.3 shut down but finally did not switch off the computer.

When switching the computer on again I could hear the disk and the fan but
the screen remained black, not even the BIOS/HP logo appeared.

In that case, given a computer which you KNOW was working before,
and which fails to execute the same power-on-self-test code in
the BIOS that it's been running since the day you got it, what
makes you think that it's suddenly the BIOS that failed, and
not the hardware?
--

The parts you clipped indicated that upon a forced power off
it began to work again and he found information on the

Trim your posts, but read them before you trim them.